Sonntag, 6. April 2014

AMD6

      So, for my AMD I decided to read some interesting articles. I started reading an article on Global Post called: "Germany has A Holiday devoted to Women doing Whatever They Want". For my review of this article I choose not to give my personal opinion, but I will give the general overview of it. The holiday is called Weiberfastnacht. In english it can be translated as Women's carnival day. The tradition encourages women to assert their power through different customs. The women usually are allowed to run through city halls, and they are also allowed to cut of men's ties. The mutli day Holiday is also a host to many different parties, parades, and fun. The most exciting day of the Holiday is Rose Monday. On this day floats move in a line along the streets, with some carrying prominent official figures.

    I also read another article on globalpost called: "Berlin the Poor Man's Vegas". The article tries to explain the rampant rate of gambling in Berlin. The capitol contains about 600 gambling aracades, 300 sports betting houses, and about 2,500 gambling cafes. Unfortunately, the strict regulations that the government puts on gambling have so far failed to reduce the damage gambler create for themselves. The rules requires that gambling establishments not allow smoking or drinking, and that a gambling establishment can't be built closer than 500 meters from another. However, there are too many gambling establishments for the government to carefully regulate. After a police crackdown, about 90 percent of gambling shops were found to have violations of the current regulations. The owners are willing to violate these regulations, because they feel that they aren't being watched.

James Le

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.