Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014

Kultur 1 Graham Techler

For this Kultur assignment I read the "What Discipline?" article. I thought it was really interesting that in a German Schlange all orderliness goes out the window and standing in line becomes a free for all. The article offered up some helpful tips; some, presumably, were jokes (eat a lot of garlic), but some were very helpful. The article suggested that if another line opens up, run, don't walk to that line, because you can't expect people around you not to run. The article also suggested that you keep wary of people creeping up to stand NEXT to you in line, who may be trying to cut you. The article warned of an all out tantrum you may have to give to keep your place.
It literally seems like the custom with lines reverts people back to the Elementary school lunch line. I havent had to worry about anyone cutting me in line since 2004. Although I guess a comparable situation here is trying to get on a blue bus with limited seating in the middle of winter. A lot of courtesy goes out the window then too.

The 365 Dinge blurb I enjoyed most was the one about the Punk Rock karaoke club. It looked like fun, and it seemed to fit with West Berlin's apparent reputation as a punk rock bastion in the 1970s, so I found when I looked it up afterwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_punk

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.