Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014
Kultur 1
Throughout the course of German 101, my favorite articles that I would read were those that compared many of the customs and practices we take for granted here in the United States with typical German discourse. So, needless to say, the article pertaining to waiting in lines was my favorite read. Originally, I thought the translation from "Schlange" (Snake) would just be referring to the shape of the the line. However, I quickly determined that it actually also can be useful in remembering the cutthroat "snaky" behavior involved in surviving a line in Germany. I absolutely CAN'T STAND when people try to cut me in line, so I definitely would not be friendly waiting in a line in Germany. My patience would quickly run thin. Luckily, the author gave me the useful tip to always eat garlic to keep people away from me. I, personally, wouldn't make many friends waiting in line if I reeked of garlic and am always yelling at the people around me. But at least I wouldn't get cut by some snaky middle-aged man! It's a jungle out there, and I'm just doing everything in my power to survive!
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.