Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014

Kultur

For Kultur 1, the article I read was "What Discipline?: Of German Lines and Pythons," I thought this was a very curious article because Germans tend to abide by the laws and have very strict social behavior. For example, a German will not cross the street if the little red man is lit up, even if there are no cars in sight. So when I read this article, I was very surprised that Germans act so savagely when waiting for a teller. But on the other hand this makes sense because Germans are not that patient and are known for being straight forward and direct. It is also interesting that the article gave tips as to how to survive the lines. An example is to eat lots of garlic because Germans hate the smell of garlic. My favorite line of the article was the author saying to look out for everyone, even nice looking old ladys- they are very sneaky.
While reading the "USA Kulinarisch," my favorite post is the one when a lady asks what is unsweetened chocolate. Which is very funny that there is no such thing as unsweetened chocolate in Germany.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.