My first impressions of the episodes were that the voice actors weren't casted based on similarity to the American voices. Homer Simpson especially did not have his memorable, iconic voice. I feel the German Homer was so much more sophisticated and smart just because his voice sounded at least somewhat educated (bad for his character). I also notice in cinematography when the film would cut quickly to one character making a speech, and then quickly back to the action on the film. This was meant for the one liner jokes that made the episode funny. I was unable to laugh along since I can't fully understand German, but it was cool being able to notice when the episode is trying to be funny.
The first episode I actually kind of remember because I do somewhat recall seeing it in English years ago. I forgot the jokes, but the premise was that Lisa was in a crossword puzzle contest. She beats everyone and gets to the finals, but then loses because a person tapped her on the shoulder when the contest began. She then learns that Homer bet against her, and began pretending Homer didn't exist out of spite. In a heartfelt ending, Homer hire the a crossword puzzle maker to make an apology to Lisa in newspaper.
The second episode also centers around Lisa. This time I believe she wants to hang out with popular girls at school, and lies that she has Konzert tickets for "Lakota Dakota," a spoof for Hannah Montana. When she admits to the popular girls she didn't have the tickets they chase her down to beat her up. They have the classic cartoonish run around town. I remember in one hilarious scene that I could understand, Lisa quickly changes clothes to disguise herself in trendy attire to escape the girls. They stop and say something along the lines of, "Sie sind letztes Jahre Schuhe!" and the girls comment more on the attire, with one girl saying "und es ist Lisa!" as if thats the least important thing to the girls, before they continue chasing. In the end, like classical cartoon morals, Lisa learns she doesn't need to hang out with the popular girls to be happy.
For picking up on German, unless the sentences were super simple, I mostly remembered the adjectives and verbs. I do recall alot of "ubers" if there is anything to note. Hoepfully I can recall at least most of the episode as I learn more and more German to pick up in my speech.
Here is the link to the German simpsons Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/dsgerall
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.