Sonntag, 16. Februar 2014

AMD3 Hannah Loveless

Hallo!

Für mein AMD,  Ich habe mich entschieden to learn a bit about German athletes competing in the Olympics. I checked out the Sochi Winter Olympics official site to get a basic idea of how Germany is faring this year. So far, Deutschland hat zwölf medals: siren Gold, drew Silber, ind zwei Bronze.
Deutschland kann gut Alpine Ski and Luge spielen. Aber, historically, Germany's best events are Biatholon, Speed Skating, and Luge. Deutschland im Jahr 2002 hatten die meisten medals.

Nächste, I watched a few interviews  of popular Olympic athletes in German.

http://youtu.be/YlWeVLFVwy8

This is an interview of Felix Loch, who won Gold in the Men's Singles and Team Relay Luge events. It was a bit hard to follow what was being said in the interview weil weir icy nicht a lot of sports vocabulary. I did figure out that er hat 24 Jahre alt. He won Gold in the 2010 Olympics and he felt very stressed by the American team in one of his races.

http://youtu.be/JEORf_UDOAA

This is an interview of Natalie Geisenberger who won her first ever Gold in both the Women's Singles and Team Relay events. Sie hat 26 Jahre alt. She had won Bronze in 2010 and said she had trained very, very hard for this year's Olympics.

http://youtu.be/AWxe7v33HJc

This video is over a Jahre alt, but I thought it was sehr interesting. It is an interview of Erik Lesser, who won silver in the Men's 20 Km Biatholon event. This interview is basically about his climb to the top of Biatholon athletes over the years.

Then I decided to check out the German national anthem, because it only seemed fitting. Here it is being played at 2010 World Cup:

http://youtu.be/nD_ylOpHZZU

The instrumentals were sehr schön. When, I read over the lyrics though, it seems a bit more intense than ours. For example, at one part the lyrics read, "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, Über alles in der Welt! Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue, Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang Sollen in der Welt beholden which in English translates to "Germany, Germany over all,Over everything in the world! German wives and fidelity, German wine and melody Shall all persevere in the world."

I am definitely expected to pay more attention to German athletes throughout the remainder of the 2014 Winter Olympics!

Auf Wiedersehen,
Hannah Loveless

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.