I thought I was bad when meeting foreign visitors. Since I came to U of M, I have met many foreign students, and at times I get to the point where I wonder if I went too far. At least I'm not like Germans. I have never even heard of "Party for One," although it does sound very funny. I am a big fan of slapstick, British humor, like Monty Python's Flying Circus. I do, however, love the movie "The Sound of Music." Es ist mein lieblingsmusical.
I find it inconceivable that Germany has strict laws about hours that stores can be open. I'm so used to 24 hour supermarkets, especially after working a Meijer for over a year, that I really do take it for granted. I also can't imagine not being able to go to the store on Sunday. That's the day my roommate and I do all of our grocery shopping. Meijer is only closed on Christmas, which causes massive shopping sprees on Christmas Eve.
Wow, Männertag seems like a scary day. I hate drinking and partying, so this seems like a day that I would pass up and stay home. Our mild mannered Father's Day is a nice alternative. I wonder what their "Frautag' is like.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.