Montag, 10. März 2014

Kultur 9

Bureaucracy Gone Awry

I hate applying for jobs already because of the paperwork. I’m bad at remembering everything I’ve done and keeping track of every little certificate I’ve gotten. Germans are pretty into organization along with punctuality so I can see why they’re into that. It just seems unfair to make the proof necessary; can’t they just put it on their resumes and give some references? Ah well.

Love thy Neighbor

I would be a really good German neighbor. I’m not loud at night because I just study or watch Netflix. However, I do like friends over on the weekend so that could be a problem. If I had a car I would take it to the car wash, and I don’t know how to grill. I wouldn’t really like weeding the sidewalk and shoveling the snow, however. I prefer when the city does that.

German Patriotism

This article made me a little sad. You don’t have to be obsessed with your country like most Americans but you should at least be allowed to be proud of the good things. But I suppose the history overshadows the present, despite the fact that those flags weren’t even used then.

Deutsch School

Once again, the Germans are pros at efficiency. Students are given practical training for their job from an early age, unlike most American students are expected to do. Here most people are expected to go to college rather than a vocational or technical school. While I think the practical experience is good, what if the kids don’t end up liking the path they’re going down? I think the choice for type of school should be matter later and the kid should definitely have a say, but I suppose that’s just their culture.  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.