Donnerstag, 6. März 2014

Kultur 9

I absolutely hate to live in a society with as much paperwork and bureaucracy as Germany. I have trouble keeping track of the relatively small amounts of paperwork needed to survive in America. I would not be able to do anything in Germany as I would continually lose my certificates. How do they adjust for foreigners who apply for positions in Germany? I don't believe that many other countries keep track of every certification.

The neighborhood rules all seem pretty straightforward and make sense for keeping an orderly and happy neighborhood. The one that didn't make sense to me, was the rule about grilling. Who decided that you can only grill once a month? If I want to cook myself dinner in my backyard, I should be able to.

I get where the fear of patriotism is coming from, stemming from a fascist rule that devastated Europe, whose staple for control was national pride. That being said, the country with probably the most patriotism in the world, that being America of course, is not too pretty itself. America has had its own experience with racial killing and displacement, plus it has a warmongering world reputation, and yet no Americans have no problem declaring their love for country whenever possible. Germany now is a very different place, and I understand that there's an apprehension to embrace the country because of past events, but I believe that it is a country worthy of love.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.