Sonntag, 9. März 2014

Kultur 9

So many rules in Germany! I'm not sure how the Germans just live about their lives doing what they want when there are so many unwritten taboos. The passage about the German Certificates seems pretty intimidating; I would have to present proof of everything! This seems especially annoying since everyone does it, so I'm sure employers would just skim through your files, looking more for completion than merit. But I feel if I lived in Germany, I would probably get used to life like that. I personally am not a fan about submitting papers upon papers of achievements and proof, but I guess if that's how the Germans do it, let it be.

But as for the unspoken neighbor etiquette, I guess there is nothing wrong. Of course, those are how the rules are written, but I'm not sure if its practiced. My RA says that the hall has quiet hours starting at 11pm, but that doesn't stop some of my friends from blasting music or chanting randomly at 1 AM while I'm trying to sleep or get some work done. I guess I would find the rules of neighbor etiquette extremely strict, until I actually run into a terrible neighbor who just breaks all the rules (Cough cough some of my hallmates)

As for the patriotism taboo, I guess that's just how it works in Deutschland. The Germans seem to be a very strict, ethical people, so I feel they would be the people who would hold a generations worth of guilt that lasts into the day. I'm sure as the world adapts, Germany will be prouder and prouder to wave their flag. However, I still find it astonishing that the Germans are afraid to wave their own, traditional, non-swastika tricolor, while plenty of Americans in the South are not afraid to display their Confederate flags.

-JaLu

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.